What does it feel like, after years of hard work, to have Jimmy Fallon rescue your album from obscurity? And then what do you do when you realize that, for all practical purposes, it really didnt make that much of a difference?
In this episode, we explore Thad Cockrell’s extraordinary journey in the music industry. Thad’s latest album, The Kid, encapsulates his brave decision-making over the years, showcasing his resilience amidst the highs and the lows. From his unexpected “encounter” with Jimmy Fallon at a hardware store to the challenges he and his work faced during the pandemic, Thad shares how he persisted in pursuing his passion for music by playing by his own rules.
1. The power of perseverance and bravery: Thad Cockrell’s story demonstrates the importance of never giving up, even when faced with setbacks and challenges. His journey is a testament to the power of resilience and determination in pursuing creative endeavors.
2. Embracing naivete: Thad’s willingness to embrace the “gift of naivete” allowed him to break free from conventional wisdom and expectations, enabling him to pursue his passion for music with a sense of fearlessness and openness.
3. Challenging industry norms: Thad’s decision to release his album independently at a price of $99 challenges the traditional music industry model. His approach aims to create an escape hatch for artists who feel constrained by the current system and seeks to change the narrative that artists have to suffer or be poor.
4. The healthy triangle: Thad’s therapist introduced him to the concept of the “healthy triangle” consisting of ownership, negotiation, and boundaries. This framework influenced his approach to business and life, empowering him to take control and make decisions aligned with his values and aspirations.
5. The transformative power of music: Thad’s profound belief in the impact of music on individuals and society underscores the enduring and influential nature of music. His commitment to creating music that resonates deeply with listeners exemplifies the transformative potential of artistic expression.
Get full interviews and daily content in the Daily Creative app at DailyCreative.app