How A Family Dinner Chat Led To A Big Idea
At dinner a few weeks ago, our family conversation turned to current events, and specifically to the refugee crisis and other ways in which people around the world are struggling for even basic human freedoms and rights. We started discussing how people in many countries are oppressed and lack simple freedoms we take for granted.
If you’ve been following my work for any length of time, you know that my core driver – my productive passion – is freedom. (It’s also the core driver for our family, and determines how we serve, how we spend our money, and where we give.) I fight for freedom daily for myself, my family, and for the people for whom I intercede in the marketplace. For you, even. (That’s why I write and podcast!) However, there are people all over the world who don’t have a voice, and are oppressed, trafficked, and subjected to unspeakable violence because they have no one to intercede for them.
Well, almost no one. There are a handful of great organizations that do remarkable work on this front. My favorite is International Justice Mission. They intercede on behalf of oppressed people around the world and fight for them through the legal system. They free slaves, restore them, help them heal, and give them new life. They are doing some of the most amazing work in the world.
It’s a beautiful thing.
Enter the big idea:
In our dinner conversation, we decided as a family to support IJM in their effort to help give voice to people who are subjected to violence and oppression around the globe.
So, I’m donating all of my royalties for copies of LTW sold on Thursday, October 15 to International Justice Mission. That’s $2.50/copy, but we wanted to go above and beyond this, so I’m also matching them (up to 1,000 copies) for a total of $5 donated per copy sold. (More details here.)
I would love for you to help us.
- If you haven’t read Louder Than Words, now’s your chance to grab a copy and do good at the same time.
- If you’ve already read it, gift a copy to a friend (or two) that day. My royalties will be doubled and donated. Also, please help me by spreading the word.
1. Buy a copy (or several) of [amazon_link id=”1591847524″ target=”_blank” ]Louder Than Words[/amazon_link] on Thursday, October 15.
2. Forward your receipt to email@example.com to help us keep track, and you’ll be entered to win prizes, including copies of my upcoming course.
3. Help spread the word by sending people to toddhenry.com/voice and sharing this post.
I’m very excited about this. It’s a chance to give others a voice while developing your own.
And, on behalf of my family, thanks so much.
Share your thoughts:
Please keep your comments civil and on topic.
I'm Todd Henry.
I write books, speak internationally on productivity, creativity, leadership, and passion for work, and help people and teams generate brilliant ideas. More